Upcoming Webinars: Deploying Fluid Benefits Open Enrollment Webinar – Wednesday, July 10th – A conversation with College of Lake County and Ventura County about their successful deployment of Fluid Benefits Open Enrollment – See recording and slide deck from the Quest Content Library. PeopleSoft HCM Roadmap and Update Webinar – Thursday, July 11th at 10 – 11am US […]
- Deploying Fluid Benefits Open Enrollment Webinar – Wednesday, July 10th – A conversation with College of Lake County and Ventura County about their successful deployment of Fluid Benefits Open Enrollment – See recording and slide deck from the Quest Content Library.
- PeopleSoft HCM Roadmap and Update Webinar – Thursday, July 11th at 10 – 11am US PT / 7 – 8 pm CEST.
Upcoming Major 2019 Conferences:
- RECONNECT– July 16-18; Chicago, IL
- ORUG (Ohio RUG) – August 22; Dublin, OH
- Oracle Open World – September 15-19; San Francisco, CA
- Southeast RUG – October 11; Tampa, FL
- PeopleSoft Northwest RUG– November 6; Portland, OR
- Canada Alliance
2019 – November 4-6; Hamilton, Ontario
Sangam 2019 – December 6-7; India
RV’s Strategy Spotlight – Mid-Summer Madness
Summer is traditionally a busy time for the PeopleSoft product development teams. We are wrapping up HCM Image 31 which has many enhancements including Chatbot for Absence Management, configurable HR Business Partners, and Employee Self Service Termination. This is also the time of year when we respond to many requests for product demonstrations and roadmap discussions as customers look to define their 2019 / 2020 scope for new feature adoption and licenses. If you are planning your roadmap, feel free to reach out to us so we can share our ideas for for best practices.
Summer also marks the time for a number of customer conferences. In mid-June we participated in the Oracle HR User Group (OHUG) conference in Texas where the hot topics were the upcoming Fluid Delegation framework and the Drop zone feature that allows customers to isolate customizations on Fluid pages. Right after OHUG was the Healthcare Industry User Group conference in Florida where we met with fiercely loyal PeopleSoft customers (HCM and ERP) excited to learn about the significant investments made in upgrading the look and functionality for Position Management and Benefits Open Enrollment. There was also the Alliance Down Under conference in Australia sponsored by the Higher Education User Group where customers learned about the PeopleTools and HCM roadmap. Speaking of HCM roadmap, I encourage each of you to log onto support.oracle.com and navigate to the PeopleSoft HCM Ideas space to create, vote for, and/or comment on ideas for enhancements. We are updating our 12 – 18 month roadmap as we speak and your inputs on the Ideas space feeds into our prioritization.
As we look to the rest of the Summer, PeopleSoft Reconnect is next week offering a great opportunity for you to experience a conference full of deep dive sessions on important features at a very reasonable cost. My entire staff will be on site to deliver presentations, answer questions and network with you. To cap our Summer activities, we have Oracle Open World the week of September 15th in San Francisco, CA. If you are planning to attend and would like to earn a free pass for you or one of your colleagues, please reach out to me directly. Enjoy the rest of your Summer!
Customer Corner – We want to highlight the great accomplishments our customers have done in June J. If your organization has done something great (upgraded, deployed fluid/new functionality) please let me know so you can get your well-deserved recognition.
Focus Group Updates:
- Human Resources – Demo of the new Business Partner feature was shown to focus group, also discussed requirements for basic and advanced search for the Fluid Job Data page.
- Profile Mgmt/ Employee Snapshot – This team reviewed roadmap items and gave feedback on some enhancements that have come up through the ideas space. Development continues on a new compare tool and we will be looking at options during subsequent meetings. For Employee Snapshot development for creating custom tiles from profile content has begun and we will be reviewing the development prototypes in upcoming meetings.
- Onboarding/Offboarding – We continue to work on Off Boarding and starting to review pre-boarding requirements. At Reconnect, we will be showing Off Boarding as well as the new multi-user activity guide. We have begun reviewing all of the pre-boarding requirements as they come in.
- ePerformance – The focus group looked at roadmap items. Development for anytime peer review has begun and we will be reviewing that feature in the next focus group meeting.
- Position Management – Position Management met and reviewed our list of enhancements. The team is force ranking the list and we will be using this information as well as other data points to help drive our roadmap for future enhancements. If you have successfully deployed Fluid Position Management, we encourage you to join our focus group.
- ELM – The focus group met and reviewed roadmap items as well as proposed changes to the Course Instructor functionality. Development is currently working on some changes to the iFrame setup for online learning for AICC and SCORM 1.2.
- U.S. Federal – Focus group met and reviewed the list of roadmap items and discussed priority of the features. Additionally, a demo of HR Business Partner feature was given in the customer focus group call to show the capabilities delivered with the feature.
- HR Help Desk – We discussed the enhancements in HR Helpdesk for the roadmap. We also reviewed the nearly finalized design for Knowledge Management Enhancements.
- Global Payroll – Focus Group is looking for additional customers to participate. If you are interested contact LuLu (email@example.com)
***Important Note*** Focus Groups are open to all customers, calls are typically once a month for an hour or as needed. Your organization needs to have a current CPCA (customer participation confidentiality agreement) since Oracle discloses future design and prototypes. If you are interested – Click this link for list of HCM Focus Groups
USA/Global Legislative Updates –https://blogs.oracle.com/PsftLegUpdates/
- United States – The State of Washington has once again extended the timeline for quarterly reporting of Paid Family and Medical Leave
- United States -EEO-1 UPDATE – https://blogs.oracle.com/psftlegupdates/peoplesoft-eeo-1-component-2-update
- Australia – The Australian Treasury Office (ATO) has released a new Electronic Reporting Specification for Tax file number (TFN) declaration, Version 4.0.0
- India – The Ministry of Labour and Employment has released notification for reducing the contribution under the Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) Act to 4% from 6.5%.
- France – French Authorities have published a new technical book for DSN reporting effective from January 2020
- HCM Image 31 – posting July 12, 2019 – tentative date
- Tax Update 19-C – posting July 12, 2019 – tentative date
- CRM Image 18– posting October 18, 2019 – tentative date
- ELM Image 20 – posting September 20, 2019 – tentative date
PeopleSoft General Update
- Having Fun With The New Fluid Announcement Tile – follow these quick easy steps to deploy the Announcement Tile feature to your employees
- PeopleSoft HCM Employee Snapshot provides your Managers or Administrators a summary of your employee’s talent information based on business tasks. Using the PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface, your Administrator can configure the tasks and views.
- PeopleSoft Workforce Insight dashboard enables you to view tiles with real-time workforce data. You can easily move between analytics for in-depth analysis from different vantage points.