Here is the PeopleSoft Monthly HR Update for December 2021, featuring upcoming webinars & conferences, RV's Strategy Spotlight, Customer Corner, Focus Group Updates, and more!
Upcoming 2022 Webinars/Conferences:
- Payroll for North America (22-A) webcast: January 27, 2022
- OHUG’s PeopleSoft’s HCM Community Meetup: January 20, 2022
- PeopleSoft and Oracle Cloud Webinar Series – A look at Oracle Recruiting in the Cloud – January Session
- Public Sector User Group (PSUG) Meeting: February 1, 2022
- PeopleSoft Week: March 7 – 11, 2022
- BLUEPRINT 4D: June 6 – 9, 2022, Las Vegas, NV
- HIUG’s Interact Conference: June 12 – 16, 2022, Miami, FL
RV’s Strategy Spotlight– Happy New Year to everyone! Many of you are eagerly awaiting the release of HCM Image 41 which is still targeted for release by the end of this month. Some of the features for Image 41 include: capturing Gender Identity and Expression, Team Absence Calendar for Managers, Vaccination/Testing Tracking Analytics, Dependent Data Document Upload and Approval for Benefits, and new Kibana Analytics for US Payroll Operations, among others. As per usual, an Image 41 highlights video will be posted to the Oracle PeopleSoft YouTube channel once the image is released.
The PeopleSoft team is starting a new workgroup for those customers that have either deployed PICASO chatbots with Oracle Digital Assistant (ODA) technology or plan to do so over the next 6 months. If your organization fits this profile and you would like to connect with other customers and PeopleSoft subject matter experts who have experience with PICASO and/or ODA, email Arun Srinivasan.
The PeopleSoft team is also starting work on data analytics that leverage Oracle Machine Learning and Oracle Data Science technology to help customers prevent costly employee turnover by identifying organization flight risks early. Here is an interesting article on the unprecedented times we live in and how it will likely impact your organization’s attrition rate. We are also looking at leveraging the same Oracle technology to help PeopleSoft Payroll customers find anomalies in their pay runs to weed out possible fraud or unobserved calculation errors. The team would like to partner with HR or Payroll customers that are interested in these features to confirm the factors, data, and configurations used in the calculations. If your organization is interested, please email Robbin Velayedam.
Customer Corner – Highlights customers who have implemented, upgraded or deployed new HCM Features
Focus Group Updates: Click on the link to find a focus group to join
- Job Data Modernization – The working group will meet later in January to discuss customer successes and other customer inquires regarding Fluid Job Data deployment. Note: desupport of Classic Job Data is December 31, 2022.
- Enterprise Learning Management (ELM) – The ELM team is excited to announce that Kibana analytics for ELM has been posted à PRP 229096. The team is continuing to work on design considerations for the fluidization and modernization of manager self-service ELM transactions.
- Performance Management – We are currently working on fluidizing the performance document. We will be meeting on February 3rd to review design considerations and discuss new performance analytics. We will also start discussing new functionality around kudos and accomplishments in the coming months.
- Analytics/Visualizations – The focus group met in early December for a demo of Global Payroll and North American Payroll Visualizations.
- Kibana Visualization Workgroup – A new Kibana Visualization Workgroup held its kick-off meeting in early December. The workgroup is comprised of a
smallselect group of customers that are either currently live with Kibana visualizations or planning on deploying within the next month. During the meetings, customers work through issues and questions, share experiences, and provide support to each other. If you meet this criterion and are interested in joining a waitlist, please contact email@example.com.
- Time and Labor – The focus group will be meeting in January to go over the requirements for ESS Scheduling, review the Payable Time Kibana analytics, and Time and Labor Fluid User Preferences.
- Accessibility with PeopleSoft HCM – Our group did not meet in December. The next focus group call is scheduled for February 15.
- Approvals & Delegations – We will be meeting in January to go over requirements for additional filtering in Approvals, review Delegation enhancements, and prioritize ideas for future enhancements for Approvals & Delegations.
- Compensation – The focus group will be meeting in January to go over requirements for the Lump Sum Merit Increase requirements, as well as prioritizing additional enhancement ideas.
- HR Helpdesk: – The HR Helpdesk focus group will next meet in February to discuss the Approvals for Solution Management feature. We will discuss the proposed flow for using the Approval Workflow Engine to create new and update existing solutions.
- U.S.Federal HR Focus Group: The next focus group call is scheduled for January 27th where we are planning to review the new Learning Insights Kibana dashboard and Profile Compare feature.
***Important Note*** Focus Groups are open to all customers, calls are typically once a month for an hour or as needed. Your organization needs to have a current CPCA (customer participation confidentiality agreement) since Oracle discloses future design and prototypes.
USA/Global Legislative Updates –https://blogs.oracle.com/PsftLegUpdates/
- Australia – Following the recent announcement by the Australian Government, our position statement has been updated with information on amendments to the Protected Earning Amount (PEA), which is effective 1 Jan 2022.
- Australia – ATO authorizes Oracle/PeopleSoft’s STP Phase 2 solution
- United Kingdom – As part of Start of Year (SOY) changes for 2022-23, The government has now published the proposed changes to Scottish Tax Thresholds, Statutory Absence Rates, and Auto-Enrollment Pension Thresholds.
- United Kingdom – Further to the Start of Year (SOY) changes for 2022-23, the Welsh Government, in the budget session announced that there is no change to the Wales Income Tax Rates and Thresholds. And the Scottish Parliament has approved the Diligence against Earnings (Variation) (Scotland) Regulations 2021.
- United States – The State of Washington has postponed the start of the Long-Term Services and Support Act, now known as the Washington Cares Fund, until further notice. On Friday, December 17, 2021, Governor Jay Inslee, Senate Majority Leader Andy Billig, and House Speaker Laurie Jinkins released a statement delaying the collection of premiums for the Washington Cares Fund until legislators sort through the issues. As a result, employers will not be subject to penalties and interest for not withholding fees from employees’ wages during this period.
- India – The finance minister has announced that the registration facility under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY) has been extended until March 31, 2022. It has to be noted that ABRY was announced as a part of Aatmanirbhar Bharat 3.0 package to boost the economy, increase the employment generation in post-Covid recovery phase to incentivize the creation of new employment along with social security benefits and restoration of loss of employment during COVID-19 pandemic.
- China – The Chinese government announced that the preferential Individual Income Tax (IIT) treatment on one-time annual bonus will be extended for another two years, till the end of 2023.
- HCM Image 41 – posting January 21, 2022*
- HCM Image 42 – posting April 8, 2022*
- HCM Image 43 – posting July 8, 2022*
- HCM Image 44 – posting October 21, 2022*
- ELM Image 22 – posting November 14, 2022*
- CRM Image 21 – posting November 21, 2022*
*Tentative Dates – Oracle Safe Harbor Statement applies.
“Popular & New” HCM Ideas – Check out and VOTE for your favorite Idea, click here to see all the PeopleSoft Ideas
- HR – ability to configurable page of name, address, phone & email types in ESS – Popular Idea
- HR – Effective Dating Citizenship/Visa Data page – Popular Idea
- HR – Ability to choose fields displayed in Company Directory – Popular Idea
- HR – Manage Hires – Enhancements (ex. guided process, back out hire, promotion reason) – Popular Idea
- Benefits – Fluid Benefits Enrollment: Relocate Preview and Submit Enrollment buttons to bottom of page – New Idea
- Absence Mgmt – Absence requests eligible while exceeding holiday limit. – New Idea
- Recruiting – Ability for Applicant to enter Preferred Name – Popular Idea
PeopleSoft General Update
- Tracking employees COVID vaccination statuses with analytics – Blog
- Get Rolling with Fluid Remote Worker, Part 2– Blog
- Now that you have Remote Worker deployed, let’s look at the Visualizations, Part 3. – Blog
- Your Time Reporting System was Hit by a Cyber-Attack. What do You do Now? – Blog
- Collect, visualize and analyze external data in PeopleSoft – Tech Blog
- Search and Data Visualizations Part 1 – Introduction – Tech Blog
- PeopleSoft Now! Episode 2.3, Cloud Manager and Policy Manager – Rebekah and her guests (Dan Iverson, PeopleSoft and Oracle Cloud Architect at psadmin.io, and David Bain, Senior Director of PeopleTools) discuss Policy Manager and Cloud Manager, how they work in the real world, how they save you money, and what Oracle is working on next – Video
- Are you experiencing vaccination and test tracking whiplash? – Blog
Note: If you would like to receive this newsletter directly (or be removed) – please email Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org